Welcome!

I hope you enjoy my blog, a collection of articles and thoughts regarding my interests. I'm a married father of two that loves to write about gliding, hunting, fishing, camping and any outdoor passion. Oh yah, I'm a quadriplegic. I hope this is informative to some, entertaining to others, and interesting to all. Let me know what you think. If you'd like an article for your publication, I've got words I haven't even used yet!

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Alberta February Fly-Fishing


“So Wright … ya wanna fish or What?” says Dale Baden over the phone.

Let’s see, it’s mid-February in Alberta Canada. Normally this is the time of year that I’d be inside with the heat cranked up, looking out the window at sub-zero temps with my bottom lip hanging out, dreaming of summer fun. What am I really doing? I’m sitting on the deck enjoying a coffee, sun-tanning, and playing hooky from the bookwork that is patiently waiting.

“Get you’re a—out here,” I reply.

“You’re sure … I don’t want to pressure you …,” comes the reply … a bit over-the-top with sarcasm methinks.

Soon we’re on the dock, fly-rod in hand, casting into a hole-in-the-ice 20 feet across.

“I have one already, I guess they survived the winter!” always a concern.

Spring isn’t far off now, we’ll make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment